Subject: [Leica] Ancient Sicilian Greek pottery
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 01:33:14 -0800

In Agrigento, site of an ancient Greek settlement in Sicily, we saw many
examples of ancient pottery depicting domestic, religious and civic
scenes from about 2400 years ago. Because of differences in attitudes
towards display of the human body then vs. now, I was forced to add a
modern fig-leaf to the version you can see here on flickr, lest I risk
my entire body of work being deemed X-rated by some present-day
Puritan.? For this, I apologize to both you and the ancient artist.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31655949187/in/dateposted-public/>

However, all is not lost. You can see the original, un-bowdlerized
versions of the above, and nine more Grecian urns here:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/AgrigentoGreekPottery/>
Click on the images to see bigger, and on the double rectangle centered
above the photos to see them full-size.

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 40/1.7. We were rushed through the exhibit
because we were behind schedule. Even so, I felt like the ancient
artists were telling me something about life back then.? I hope you'll
see it, too.

--Peter