Subject: [Leica] Print enlargement
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 21:25:24 -0500

Thank you!
Learnt something new.
Bharani

Message: 30
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:19:02 -0600
From: Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

This may be old news, but I thought it was interesting.? Here is a photo
where I couldn't get close enough with a 200mm lens, and had to settle
for a crop of 1677x2516 out of 3744x5616, or a 6x9" image at 279ppi.? I
got a trial of Topaz AI Gigapixel and enlarged it to 22x33" at 300ppi.?
This was out of curiosity since I don't have anything that will print
that large.? But, it looks promising for small crops to print, say this
one at 12x18", about the largest I print.? Topaz's pitch is that this is
not interpolation, but an artificial intelligence program ("deep
learning" they say) that in effect recreates the image.? Whatever, it
seems way superior to Photoshop interpolation or Alien Skin Blowup.

Ken

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/_MG_2478_output.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Print enlargement)