Subject: [Leica] Hummingbirds
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:51:25 +0530

We spent a few days in Quito, a most charming town, on the way to the
Galapagos. On one of the days we hired a car and driver and set off for the
Mindo Cloud Forest in search of birds, especially hummingbirds. Ecuador is
Hummingbird Central, as 134 of the 320 odd varieties are found in the
Andean Cloud Forest there.  We went to a couple of places, outfitted with
plants, water, flowers and feeders to attract the birds, as is the norm in
Central and South America. Even with all this, it was quite difficult to
photograph the hummingbirds off the feeders, in a natural state, as they
zip around at what seems to be the speed of sound. Anyway, like the parable
of the monkeys at the typewriters, if one keep clicking away, some are
bound to be fine. These were all taken in natural light, hand held, without
the help of a high speed sync flash setup, which is normal for
photographing  hummingbirds.

Here is a page of hummingbirds. They are identified to the best of my
ability, if they need to be corrected, please let me know, and I will do so!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Galapagos/hummers/

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Hummingbirds)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Hummingbirds)