Subject: [Leica] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:48:21 +0100

As you may know, I now live in a small village in Alsace. This area was
German in 1914, and turned French in 1918 as it was before 1870 ...

Local people there were then forced to join the German troops, or flee, and
get enrolled on the French side only to fight their brothers or cousins ?

The 360 souls village lost 37 young men between 1914 and 1918.

Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the end of that war, and I witnessed
the local celebrations and hommage.
No, it did NOT rain ...

The series starts here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/LPP-11-11-2018-1528.jpg.html

Click on the right arrow to proceed to the end.

All my be viewed larger.

Amities, and may peace be with us all, fovever.

Philippe

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram) ([Leica] [LRflex] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France)
Reply from douglasb50 at hotmail.com (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France)