Subject: [Leica] Leica Lenses on Fuji X-H1
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:16:03 -0600

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 "Frank Filippone" <red735i at verizon.net>wrote:

>I had an XE-1 which became my chief ( only!) camera in a trip to Canada.
( My M9 cover glass fell off).  I used M lenses with it.
>I used it extensively, and the images it created were more than good.

>My ONLY dislike with the Fuji is the APS-C sized sensor.  I am a wide
angle shooter.  The cropped sensor magnification drove me nuts.... >paying
a lot of money for lenses that produced ( on the XE-1) a non- wide angle
view was a no go for me.  I sold off the body and went Sony.

>But this was a personal preference of the way I see.... not a comment
against Fuji.

>( PS: and the Fuji menu system is substantially better.)

>Frank Filippone
============================================================================================================
I'm the opposite.  I like the crop sensor on my X-E2, keeping a (nicely
small) 50mm lens on it to give me almost an 85mm angle of view.  I seldom
use anything wider than a 50mm equivalent unless I need a perspective
control lens for architecture.
--
Alan

(Retired)