From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 22:56:50 -0500

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 Adam Bridge <abridge at mac.com>wrote:

>... I don?t use a lot of Leica gear any more. ... the trade-offs between
>Leica and Fuji/Sony are such that while I use Leica glass the bodies are
simply >beyond me.

>...this is such a friendly place that, even when I don?t have the time to
devote to reading all the posts and viewing all the photos, I find it to be
a kind of coming home.
====================================================================================================================
I feel the same on both counts.

I used my first M3 continually for 40 years (later with another M3, M2R,
and IIIf) until I retired and reluctantly (since it was my favorite camera
ever) had to put it on the shelf since I was then without access to a
darkroom and couldn't afford a Leica digital body.  I thought I'd have to
make do with my Canon 30D  even though it was a bigger camera than I
prefer, but the introduction of the Fuji X-E2 saved me.  Now I have a handy
rangefinder-sized body that I can carry around like my M3, but is as
versatile as a reflex camera so I can use my legacy lenses from 20mm to
400mm or bellows & extension tubes.  Even if I could afford a Leica digital
M, it would limit me.

My love of Leica rangefinders brought me to the LUG, and I'm grateful that
I can participate here still even though I now use a non-Leitz body.  I
have a lot more scanning to do from my archive, and a great deal of it was
shot with my Leicas.

--
Alan

(Retired)