Subject: [Leica] Highlands PAW 29
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 17:51:21 +0000

Catching up with PAWs....

First of the turbines going up, these are about 4 miles away so this is the
300mm on my (240mm on FF) then cropped to almost pixel level.  They have
some very fancy ships as part of the installation process.  Shot #3 has
diggers putting stones over the cable in the trench to stop it being hooked
up on nets or similar.

We went out on a RIB for a 3hour trip to the Pentland Skerries, a coaster
had gone aground on well-marked rocks, and of the 10 people on board 8 were
locals!  The Priscilla was having its cargo of fertiliser moved to another
vessel to try and refloat  on a larger tide a few days later.  They did not
like us being so close and claimed a large exclusion zone that would have
included a chunk of the mainland ;-)   The choppy water is where the
Atlantic meets the North Sea, the RIB can only come here on certain tides as
the Atlantic is higher than the North Sea!  The last shots are of the C15th
Girnigoe Castle and the later (C17th) Castle Sinclair.

http://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2018/29

C & C welcome

john

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Highlands PAW 29)