Subject: [Leica] IMGs - camera problems
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 23:42:26 +0100

Baseplate for Pentax MX taking a dip in vinegar with a bit of help
waiting from Italy and Hungary. Fuji X100S.

My son wanted to use a film camera when he went to Berlin last weekend,
but my two Pentax ME Supers turned out to have wind on issues and needed
attention. They're not going to get any until the cooler shorter
evenings draw in over the winter, so I dug out a Pentax MX which used to
work fine the last time I used it. Sadly the battery cover was stuck -
hence the vinegar bath. I freed it after a good soak, and ran a film
through it, but discovered the shutter curtains were capping at the
higher speeds. It's another job for the winter. I gave him one of my
Spotmatics which thankfully worked. On the MX shutter capping, does
anyone have a link to photos of the brake lube point?

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Oddments/Camera+Stuff/Acid+Test+MX.jpg.html

Industar 50 - Given this lens along with a few old film cameras and
lenses by a friend of mine a few weeks ago. The lens had been picked up
by him in Dresden in 1990 a few months after the Berlin wall fell and
has a rough (badly hand made) leather case with the initials VP in
Cyrillic on it. However, when the lens is held up to the light, it tells
a sad story of living with a fungal infection for far too many years,
and has reached paperweight status. Sony A7ii with a 28-70 macro zoom -
I think.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Oddments/Camera+Stuff/In+Dust+Ar+Bogies.jpg.html

Playing with the Industar and a pen. Sony A7ii with 28-70 macro - I think

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Oddments/Camera+Stuff/Industar+on+pen.jpg.html

Douglas

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGs - camera problems)