Subject: [Leica] what to use to clean the image receptor (processor or whatever it is called) on my Sony a7r camera
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:27:02 -0700

Hi All - There are several soft spots visible on images when I enlarge them
on my laptop. I wrapped a Q-Tip with a piece of lens tissue and lightly
brushed the spots and tried to blow the dust? out of the camera cavity. Did
not do much. I have lens cleaner fluid- but did not want to cause any light
streaks on the surface of the image processor - maybe there is better fluid
-  i.e. isopropyl alcohol, or Absolute Vodka?
Any suggestions other than sending it in for service to Sony or ?
Also- we will be taking a cruise to Antarctica the first of November. Any
suggestions for photography, batteries, or otherwise?
Thanks, Stasys Petravicius

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] what to use to clean the image receptor (processor or whatever it is called) on my Sony a7r camera)