Subject: [Leica] Leica Curse
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:44:12 -0700

Morning Luggers,

I have been lurking for a couple of years but not posting much. Still
enjoying all your pictures.

Want to share with you today - a good news / bad news story. My four kids
got together
earlier this month and gifted my a Leica M10 (thank you kids!) for my 75th
birthday.
It took some hinting but the result was a good one.

After 23 days of happy use the camera sensor developed a fault line - see
photo.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2018+photos/Eloise_KatieL1004187W.jpg.html>

I emailed Wetzlar and they forwarded my email to New Jersey. I sent them
photos and they
asked me to send in the camera for sensor or connector replacement. I have
asked for a new
camera rather than waiting weeks / months for repair. Will see what happens.

This is my fifth digital M and I have had some problem with each and every
unit. I call it
my ?Leica curse?.

I know that many Luggers will respond with their experiences of perfect
performance
from their digital Leicas but their happy experiences don?t negate the pain
of my experience.

The M10 was, by the way, quite a lovely camera to use - especially the
Visoflex EVF which is now
finally of sufficient resolution to be truly useful.

Howard

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Leica Curse)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica Curse)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Leica Curse)