Subject: [Leica] Surgery went well
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:33:04 -0700

At 95 years young, my father-in-law's surgery to correct his hiatal
hernia went well.? He is recovering way faster than the surgeon had
said.? He is amazed.

The day of the surgery he looked like death warmed over and was in
tremendous pain.? It was hard to watch him as he grimaced in pain every
few minutes.? A long rough night.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/After+Surgery-2628.jpg.html

But two days after and the pain was well under control. Day 3 he was out
of ICU and today, day 4 they moved him to a rehab facility.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Day+4+moving-2636.jpg.html

Originally they had said 4-6 weeks rehab, but now they say 7-10 days,
but I don't think he will be there that long.? He is a tough old bird.?
Before this problem he lives alone, still drives, pulls his 5th wheel
when we go camping, hikes to Vernal Falls in Yosemite, and hauls his
D600 all over the place.? We have reservations for the Albuquerque
Balloon Fiesta again this October and Yosemite at the end of that
month.? Looking forward to many good hikes and camping outings to come.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Replies: Reply from hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr) ([Leica] Surgery went well)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Surgery went well)