Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 08:04:01 -0400

This morning will be slightly different.  I went on a road trip mostly to
deliver the remains of my daughters room to her in Austin.  Just before I
left Leica returned my M9 and trip-elmar.  Obviously I had to reacquaint
myself with a rangefinder. On the way back I stopped by Baylor University;
it was finals week.

This image is from the Browning Library; Baylor says that they have the
largest collection of Elizabeth Brownings works and artifacts.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRABrowningLibrarystudy.jpg.html

The next two images demonstrate the level of desperation the students
endure while waiting for their next exam:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRAFinalsWeekII.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRAFinalsWeek.jpg.html

Next stop was in Dallas.  I met up with some friends to visit a somewhat
controversial convention going on at the time.  Starting with this young
lady who seemed somewhat unsure about the attention she was receiving even
though her father was very encouraging:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRAunsuregirl.jpg.html

We move on to one of the displays.  The attendees were very enthusiastic
about touching the displayed goods.  I will note that there was at least a
two stage safety inspection to ensure no "accidents" occurred.  In this
example there was no firing pin.  Also, RRS has moved into this domain to
increase market share.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRARRStripod.jpg.html

As in most conventions there were some enthusiastic people making
statements:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRABallonpuppet.jpg.html

While I knew that news teams were being destroyed, this image shows why.  A
single person is the whole show.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRAINFOwars.jpg.html

Last image is from the DART station(Dallas has built a reasonably good
light rail system)near the city airport Love Field.  The regional airport
is DFW and there has been some infighting among the airlines as the city
airport is just more convenient.  Anyway, some friends had invited me to a
nice restaurant downtown and I took the train in rather than try to park.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/NRADART.jpg.html

I must say that having a rangefinder back even with the limitations of ISO
and tiny buffer was most enjoyable.

All the best.

--
Don