Subject: [Leica] SmugMug acquires Flickr
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:13:12 -0700

If you use flickr, as I do, this affects you:
<https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/04/20/smugmug-buys-flickr-verizon-oath/537377002/>

I don't know what this portends.? It could be good news, or it could
mean that all old user agreements will be null and void and subject to
whatever terms they decide to dictate.? I'm reasonably optimistic based
on SmugMug's past history and reputation. We shall see.? The CEO says
they don't data-mine users content.? I pay a reasonable fee to *not* be
deluged with ads. I like that model.

Thoughts?

--Peter

Replies: Reply from craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder) ([Leica] SmugMug acquires Flickr)