Subject: [Leica] Georgia
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 23:41:43 +0000

Some really impressive shots in that link, Tina: they really appeal to
me. Thanks very much.

My parents had a seaside holiday place in West Cork about 230m miles
from home in Dublin, and we used to keep about 40 sheep there to keep
the grass down, so my father ensured (for his own comfort) that I became
reasonably skilled in managing them. That meant buying them,
innoculating them (did they have susceptibility to umpteen diseases?
They sure did!), herding them, penning them, treating them, shearing
them, and selling them, so the difficulties of that monstrous trip over
the mountains really echoed with me. The echoes were helped by the fact
that my sport in my late 20s and 30s was mountain running, and I ran up
and down steep mountains like that for fun - even in the snowy
conditions shown. I must have been nuts!

Douglas