Subject: [Leica] Leica, RIP
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:17:18 -0700

I sent my Monochrom  camera in for a (free) corroded sensor replacement in
August.

I was told, in late September, that it was done and it was scheduled to ship
back to me while we were on vacation.. so I delayed the shipment.

I called today to find out status, and was told it

a)     Was not done

b)    Leica is still waiting on parts

c)     That the turnaround time for Monochrom is always 20 + weeks  ( first
time I was given any repair time frame)

d)    There was no commitment to rush

e)     No trade in towards a CMOS Monochrom was ever made

f)      No offer (ever) to loan me a camera until my camera was repaired

Do they wonder why anyone would buy a camera from them after this kind of
mind boggling behavior?

I don't want to hear about how someone got their camera back in a week,
fully repaired. My experience is different... and always has been.

The words.. abused, terrible, and worse come to mind...

Would I buy another camera from Leica?

You pushed me to the limit, Leica.  The love affair is over.

RIP

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Leica, RIP)