Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 15/10/2017: farewell lunch for my sister
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 06:55:20 +0200

My sister and brother-in-law flew back to Poland Sunday night, so my wife
decided to make them a big, Alicante lunch so that they would not miss
dinner too much. The menu was arr?z de verduras (vegetable paella, but here
we usually simply say ?arr?z? or ?rice? rather than ?paella?) and oven-baked
fish. The cooking of the rice took place on our outdoor terrace. Five images:

First, the vegetables are saut?ed in the paella pan:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Mh3wmZq/A

Then, the broth is added. The broth is the crucial element in good rice
(along with the quality of the ingredients, of course):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fBtvKgh/A

And ready to serve:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-B8gNtXF/A

Meanwhile, this is in the oven:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-JcqxdR8/A

And a short while later, in front of me:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DGvj4SQ/A

This is the Mediterranean diet in action!

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain