Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photos
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:17:40 -0500

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net>wrote:

>A nice way to be remembered, indeed.

>I see several with the Takumar 135/3.5.? I still use mine for
>butterflies and skydivers. :-)

>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA
Aside from being sharp lenses, I always thought that, physically, the
Super-Takumars were the most elegantly styled lenses around.  I liked
the type of knurling on the focus rings, and the way that the focusing
scales
were enclosed in a metal shroud, with that small window on top to show the
numbers. All other brands didn't bother with such tidyness. I only have a
couple of Takumars now; I gave my late brother most of my Pentax gear
when I switched to Olympus in 1982 (I needed to upgrade to bayonet mount
lenses, and three of my friends used OM's, so we could share).

--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978