Subject: [Leica] IMG: Native American guide at Taos Pueblo
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 20:13:37 -0700

Jaelynn is a 17 year-old member of the Taos Pueblo tribe.? She took us
on a tour of the Pueblo.? Here, she explains the use of the adobe
"beehive" ovens.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/37393750792/in/dateposted-public/>

And here, Jaelynn talks about the importance of the river behind her,
which is the tribe's source of water.? Its source is Blue Lake, 11,000
ft up in the mountains. The lake is sacred to the tribe. For most of the
20th century, Blue Lake was controlled by the U.S. Forest Service as a
recreation area.? In 1970, the lake was returned to tribal control.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/37424515311/in/dateposted-public/>

Here's a view of a Pueblo house with the mountains behind. I liked this
one in both B&W and color, so I made it both ways.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/37167441980/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/37424515271/in/dateposted-public/>

if you're interested, here is an article that describes, from the
tribe's point of view, their struggle to regain Blue Lake.
<https://sites.coloradocollege.edu/indigenoustraditions/sacred-lands/taos-blue-lake/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7.? Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [OM] IMG: Native American guide at Taos Pueblo)