Subject: [Leica] Do you lust for a Thambar?
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:56:05 -0500

On 28/09/2017 17:11, Frank Filippone wrote:
> According to the rumorsites, Leica will reissue the 90mm f2.2 Thambar
sometime in 2018.
> The Thambar was a portrait lens with a intentionally applied soft focus
filter hat had a circular spot to ensure the soft effect.

> Seems like reissue will be a common theme at Leica. See the 28mm Summaron
for the first lens in the series.

> Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net
===================================================================================================
I don't need to pine for one.  I made my own version from an uncoupled 1931
135mm f/4.5 Elmar.  I call it my "Velmar" -  "V" since it has qualities
similar to my large format diffused focus Verito lens.

Here's the info for anyone who hasn't already seen this on my gallery.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/Velmar1_AMR.jpg.html

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/Velmar2_AMR.jpg.html

And some sample photos (probably around f/6.3).
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Portraits/Glamour05_Velmar_AMR.jpg.html

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Color/Fairy_Vert_AMR.jpg.html