Subject: [Leica] Lluis' Show - Sorry, I Have to Miss
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 23:04:53 -0500

I'd really like to meet Lluis and others, and see the show, but I'm afraid
that my wife's worsening medical problems make my going to Chicago
impractical.
She is basically bed-ridden, being heavy, with spinal stenosis plus knee
and other problems.  Kathryn can use a walker to get from the bedroom to
the bathroom, but it takes her about a minute to go the ten feet.  When she
needs to get to a medical appointment, she can just barely make it down the
five steps from our kitchen to the back door, and it's harder going up
afterward.  We bought our own bariatric wheelchair so she doesn't have to
walk to the garage or at the clinic (I'm building up MY muscles - each time
we go out I have to lift the chair six times).

Kat has had a number of falls over the last few years, where I had to call
911 for a lift assist, since she is too heavy for me to handle, so I'm not
comfortable being gone too long, or being too far away.  I'm her only
caregiver - we never had kids, my brother died four years ago, and my
mother is 97.

She has appointments on both the 5th and 6th.

I wish everyone a grand time.
--
Alan

(Retired)