Subject: [Leica] Leica repair - good news and bad news.
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:39:58 +0100

I have had to send my M9 back to Leica Germany for repair as it simply
stopped working with a ?shutter error? problem.

The problem was a label from an SD card stuck between sensor and shutter! I
knew I had a card which had somehow lost its label, but had no idea where or
how. To repair the problem, carry out a full service and replace the sensor
as a ?good will gesture? totals a surprising and (in my opinion very low)
178.50? ($213) which I think is superb service. The cost includes postage
both ways.

Now the bad news, the repair could take ?several weeks?. Thank goodness I am
not shooting much at the moment, and I have my M7 to use.

I am sort of aa happy bunny because of the price, but miss my M9.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
023 8046 3076
0797 287 7932