Subject: [Leica] IMG: Totality, a better version?
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:01:19 -0700

One interesting thing about the eclipse was the quality of the light. As
the moon blocked more and more of the sun, the color temperature of the
both the sunlight and sky appeared to change. The sky took on a weird
metallic whitish blue-gray quality.

The sky in the version that I posted a couple of days ago was too
pretty-blue.? I think my OM-D EM-5 was trying to apply the famous
"Olympus colors" to a situation where they didn't apply.? I figured out
how to fix that today.? I also made a few more tweaks with masks and
levels to bring the picture more in line with what I saw, which is often
a bit different from what the camera recorded.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/36750483415/in/dateposted-public/>

For comparison, the too-blue version is now here:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/TooBlueP8210252-1024h.jpg.html>

--Peter