Subject: [Leica] Help with understanding the new SSD in my computer.....
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:53:22 -0700

You MUST READ EVERYTHING Before you buy some new gadget....

I bought the SSD for the M.2 slot in my computer.
I installed the SSD.
I cloned my C: drive
I booted up the computer... it booted up to the C drive...
I rebooted and opened up the BIOS to change the boot order....
No choices presented itself..... Spun on this for like 6 reboots.... same
response...
Checked the WEB for solution......
Finally found like 30 messages on the issue, ALL with no solution.
It seems that the BIOS in the Dell XPS8910 does not allow for this
change......

If I had read all this up front, I would have chosen a SATA interface....

Screwed.

There are some comments that by completely re-installing Windows 10, and
re-installing all my programs, I can achieve the goal of a M.2 Booted
system.
Need to do some more reading before I tackle THAT rabbit hole.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Help with understanding the new SSD in my computer.....)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Help with understanding the new SSD in my computer.....)