Subject: [Leica] UPDATE Re: 280/4 APO repair
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:28:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Some time ago I wrote:

Suppose that 8 months ago you'd sent your most-used lens to Leica for repair
(it was dropped, the front rim has a dent and there are tight spots in to
focussing ring)

Suppose further that the lens returned yesterday, unrepaired due to a lack
of parts.

And then suppose you opened the package to find this:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/_DSC4766.jpg

Aside from having sent the lens to bumbling idiots, what would you conclude?
<<<

So here's the update: in late May I sent this lens to DAG and today I
received an e-mail describing the work performed to repair the lens to good
working order along with a (very reasonable) bill for the service and
shipping.  Needless to say within five minutes I'd sent the funds to him.
Parts needed?  Three screws.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com