Subject: [Leica] OT: Android apps
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:41:54 +0200

During my recent visit to Poland, I helped my sister set up her newly
acquired Lenovo tablet (she got it for free from her phone company as the
reward for renewing her contract). Just basic stuff like downloading and
installing the Facebook, Messenger and Skype apps that she uses, setting up
her e-mail on the tablet etc. All good.

Back home, I decided to get an Android tablet myself, just out of curiosity
and to learn a bit more about that system. So I got myself a slightly
fancier Lenovo tablet for 120 Euro. It runs Android 6.0. I find it less
intuitive compared to my iPad Mini, but being newer, it is faster, and the
implementation of MS Office is quite good.

Now two questions:

- what is the best e-book reader for Android?
- are there any real killer apps that I should have? I looked at ZDNet?s
list of 100 best apps and installed a few of them (Pocket, Calibre
Companion); I of course have some of the same apps as I have on the iPad,
like Netflix, the Eurosport player, MS Office etc. But is there something
unique out there in Android land that I should consider?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain