Subject: [Leica] IMG: For My Airplane Watchers
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:32:54 -0500

While at the airport yesterday, I encountered a group of enthusiasts and
engineers looking over an airplane I had not seen previously, a JA30
SuperSTOL, designed to meet the needs of flying farmers and explorers of
the outback.  Two of these airplanes flew much of the day, and their low
speed performance was amazing to watch.  It is powered by the latest
Rotax 912ULS 100 hp geared engine, which now has a recommended 2000 hrs
of operation before overhaul.

Here is a view of the basic airplane.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2316.JPG.html

A view from the rear.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2317.JPG.html

Details of the large wing flaps and automatic wing slots.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2338.JPG.html

It has large, soft tires and long-stroke struts to handle unimproved fields.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2341.JPG.html

The instrument panel is very basic, but fine for the intended purpose.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170609-DSCF2340.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA