Subject: [Leica] Leica SL lens question
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 04:21:18 +0000

Hi.  I was wondering about an alternative lens for the SL.  My biggest gripe
(aside from price) is the weight of the system and had a thought of a way to
perhaps lighten the load a bit.  I have the 35-70/4 but I have always
thought I could use a bit more range.  So, how about the Leica 28-90 ASPH?
I hear it is a pretty darn good lens, weighs about 50% less than the new
24-90 for the SL and can be had for a lot less money.  Does anybody know how
it would compare optically with the 24-90?  I found some MTF curves for
each, and it looks like the new SL lens is better, but that does not tell me
much about real life situations.  True, you give up AF, but I do that now
anyway using my 35-70 on my Nikon.  And I played around with an SL a bit
last time I was in Seattle and I was able to focus it accurately with a much
higher success rate than with my Nikon D750.  I was at one time tempted to
get the 28-90 until I found out that Leitax does not adapt that lens to a
Nikon mount.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica SL lens question)