Subject: [Leica] IMG: An Experiment
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 11:42:55 -0500

It was a late game on a chilly night, but I wanted to try an idea I had
for minimizing the intrusion of the sideline fence while shooting from
my chair near the fence.  By the time this shot was taken, it was almost
8pm, so the light was getting weak.  It was a rough outing for our boys
in blue and white.  In this shot, the pitcher fooled my gr-grandson as
well as his catcher, because the ball ended up at his feet.

I added a B+W 103 ND 0.9 (8X) filter and set the lens at f/2.0, focusing
just short of infinity.  As late as it was, I could have shot without
the filter, but wanted to see how it performed.  I was seated about 3ft
from the fence.  This image is cropped top and bottom, but is uncropped
horizontally.  I was well satisfied with the result, and expect it to do
even better in brighter light.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170525-DSCF2076.JPG.html

The image is better seen when viewed LARGE.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: An Experiment)