Subject: [Leica] OT: how to store a laptop in luggage
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 15:21:36 -0700

It?s looking like our wonderful Department of Homeland Security is about to
require us to store laptops in checked luggage on flights from the UK and
possibly Europe.

Any thoughts on how to keep these things from being stolen?

The ?TSA approved locks? have readily available 3D printer keys so it?s not
like someone can?t just root through your luggage while handling your
baggage.

I?ve never thought of putting my cameras in the hold of an airplane. I?m
queasy thinking of my laptop being down there.

Thoughts? I?m really looking for a solution if this goes into effect. We
have two trips to Europe planned for this summer/autumn.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] OT: how to store a laptop in luggage)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: how to store a laptop in luggage)