Subject: [Leica] Photos of Matsue Castle; Plus, praise for Will van Manen and Cathy Kuiper of Kamera-Service,
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 19:45:54 +0900

Frank: Yes, Kamera-Service were very fast indeed. And thorough. I posted
the lens from Japan 24th February, and it was back in my hands 17th March.
Impeccably adjusted.

Jim (Nichols): Cheers! I only had time for snaps as I cycled into work. I
like the colours of that lens, and the rendering. All taken at f2, despite
what the Lightroom-added metadata says (the lens is uncoded).

Lluis: Glad to hear you use Kamera-Service too. Our American friends should
know of the options available in Europe. And,  incredible, no long waiting
list! A three-week turnaround including intercontinental round-trip postage
for a job that Sherry K., Don G., Leica Japan, and Leica Germany said they
could not do--how commendable is that? Do we have LUG medals to bestow? (Dr
Ted G. OC maybe broke the mould!)

Nathan: Yes, it's a nice place, the old samurai quarter of Matsue, and the
town where Lafcadio Hearn married his samurai-family wife when he moved to
Japan from the US. My cycle into work (Shimane University) is right through
the castle grounds.

No I'm not on commission, just a happy customer, able to live the vida
Leica with this classic lens again thanks to Cathy and Will. Here's their
website one more time!---

http://www.kamera-service.info/index.php/en/

Andd email:  *kamera-service at ziggo.nl <kamera-service at ziggo.nl>*

All the best,