Subject: [Leica] Sao Paulo
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:38:54 +0530

I suddenly discovered that I had not put up my photographs taken during our
couple of days in Sao Paulo on the way to the Pantanal in Brazil in August
last year. Rio was hosting the Olympics at that time, so we decided to go
via Sao Paulo, a decision made easy by the fact that a very good friend of
mine, Armando Bruck, a regular street photography cohort in Chennai over
the preceding three years, had relocated to his home town of Sao Paulo. In
fact it was the best decision we made, because Armando, being a local, took
us to various nooks and corners of Sao Paulo, something we would not have
dared to do by ourselves, given the city's fearsome reputation of being one
of the most dangerous cities in the world.

Armando on his BMW:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3531.jpg.html

On the afternoon of the day Neela & I arrived, before Alastair and Helen
Firkin had joined us from Australia, we took a half day guided tour of Sao
Paulo

Parque Trianon is a small swathe of natural, native forest, carefully
preserved in the heart of Sao Paulo:

Exercise:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3539.jpg.html

Privacy:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3542.jpg.html

Family:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3545.jpg.html

Avenida Paulista, or Paulista Avenue, is the commercial heart of Sao Paulo,
Brazil's commercial capital, and is closed to traffic on Sundays, so the
people take over:

Busker:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3552.jpg.html

Traffic Lite:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3559.jpg.html

Sap Paulo is a city full of superb museums, funded by the coffee barons
over the years. The Sao Paulo Museum of Art on Avenida Paulista is given
over to Western Art, from the middle ages to the present:

Classics:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3563.jpg.html

Neela and the Modiglianis:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3569.jpg.html

Inspection:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160807-3572.jpg.html

The next day, reunited at last, the Firkins and the Govindarajs set off for
a walk to the sprawling, huge Ibirapuera Park near our hotel in the safe
side of town:

Trio:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160808-3583.jpg.html

Black Swan:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Sao+Paulo/Sao+Paulo-20160808-3596.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Sao Paulo)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography) ([Leica] Sao Paulo)