Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 19/2/2017: spring in the mountains on two wheels
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:18:26 +0100

Today I did one of my tougher Sunday rides, climbing from sea level to the
Puerto de la Carrasqueta, a mountain pass at 1020 m altitude. The fact that
there was a strong headwind during the last 4-5 km of the climb did not make
it easier. But it was a good 77 km ride, and I was rewarded with some pretty
signs of spring.

First, a carpet of pretty blue flowers along the road to Jijona. This is a
gentle, long climb, taking me from sea level to about 500 m after 26 km:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-knj5Q2f/A

Then once past Jijona, the real climb starts, 13 km constant uphill. But the
road is good and the almond trees are blooming right now:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tmDMTdD/A

These were both taken on the way up; as the day wore on, the weather got
better and by the time I got home at lunchtime, it was blue sky and sunshine.

For those interested in the cycling itself, here is the ride:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1581236441

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman