Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 11:08:46 +0900

Thanks, Frank,

My 90TE focusses perfectly too. This, on the other hand, is the lens
with the focus problem, my old chrome 90'Cron:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/geordiepete/50EXtk

Don Goldberg advised I send it to Leica, and Leica said they no longer
have the parts, so cannot service it.

I think I'm going to phone Gerry Smith at Kindermann and talk to him about
it.

Peter

Peter.. that is the same model 90TE  as Don worked on for me.......

I was told that Don has a reference M (not an M9, maybe a M240?).  He
calibrates the lens on THAT body.

Mine works fine.... it is not as clinically sharp as a 90AA.   And it has
less contrast.  But it is a fine lens.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net