Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 17:15:21 +0900

I sometimes use a 90 Tele-Elmarit. Here's a photo of my 90 T-E, is that the
same model?:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/geordiepete/V96122

It's not only pocketable in a pair of jeans, it's even lighter than it
looks. I sometimes wonder what the barrel is made of--some sort of
poly-composite magic plasti-metal, I guess.

Still, I wear jackets or coats with baggy pockets so that lenses like the
Canadian 90 Summicron can come along. The 90 Tele-Elmarit is highly
reliable in many situations. It also has the virtue of being rather
predictable, and its colours are very modern. The Canadian Summicron is
different in that respect. It has a very interesting 'pop', and the colours
are a bit more pastel and, I don't know the right phrase, but I want to say
something like chromatically separated.

Peter

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!)