Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 18/12/2016: the storm continues
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 06:02:05 +0100

This was the first weekend I can remember in my 9+ years in Alicante where
both days were washed out. Yesterday morning the cabin fever got to me, so I
drove to the centre to go for a walk in the rain. The combination of wind
and rain made for some photogenic scenes, and I have rarely seen our streets
so deserted. A few images:

The seaside promenade, Esplanada de Espa?a, completely empty:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4kSMkpq/A

Playa de Postiguet, the main beach in downtown Alicante:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wSRn4Wc/A

Waves coming in at the Playa de Postiguet:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QFmHp4f/A

On the way home, I made a small detour towards a beachside hotel. The road
was barely passable:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kxSffsZ/A

As I write this early Monday morning, it is still thundering and raining
outside, but today should be the last day of bad weather this time around.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain