Subject: [Leica] Hot Air Balloons
From: hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 16:19:20 -0500

Every year my little town here outside Raleigh hosts a hot-air balloon
festival. We went to the evening part of one day?s festivities to see the
evening ascent and the flaring event, where the pilots of balloons on the
ground flash their burners to light up the envelopes in a nice light show.
It occurred to me that these flashes should be rich in infrared, so I took
the M8 as well as the M240.

One thing I discovered is that IR images made without sunlight are not very
interesting unless there?s a strong IR source in the frame.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Balloon+Festival/
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Balloon+Festival/>

C&C appreciated.

?howard