Subject: [Leica] Why Pros in general and us amateurs do NOT or SHOULD NOT use Leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:13:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

>......In the last 12 months, three sensors (M9, original Monochrom and
S2-P, plus currently on my third S AF failure), all carried out >free
including shipping.....

===================================================================================================

Wow(?).   I used my (second-hand) M3 every day for 40 years, personally and
at work, and it is still going strong.  I'd still use it if I had a
darkroom.

Loved my film Leicas, but I'm glad I saved a lot of money (and grief) by
buying a Fuji body for all my diverse lenses.  No problems in three years.
<<<

Leica's service turn-around has gone from slow to terrible.  My 280 APO has
been in Solms for repair for FIVE MONTHS and still no estimate for repair
cost, let alone estimated delivery.  I've grown weary of calling to give
them a poke only to hear that I can't leave a message because the voice-mail
box is full.  My "local" (2 hours away) dealer tells me "you're not alone".

When my Leica equipment is working it's fabulous, but the downtime is
killing me.  I'll suffer with other equipment for now.  The Sony works, and
if it breaks I can afford to replace it and not even think about service
turn-around time.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com