Subject: [Leica] IMGs: iPhone photography: personal and immediate
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 11:22:26 -0500

> On Oct 14, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
>
> How's the hand George? What happened?
>
> Douglas
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at
> icloud.com>
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:25 PM
> Subject: [Leica] IMGs: iPhone photography: personal and immediate
>

>> C & C always welcome and appreciated
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=11450>

I broke the left wrist back at age 12 or 13;
while riding a ?chariot? behind a friend?s bicycle.

I broke it again in 1989 while playing racquetball.

This summer?s daily cycling aggravated and inflamed
what the hand surgeon named post traumatic arthritis.

The 55 year old break caused a deformity which limited flexion to 45?
while extension remained normal; resulting in no cartilage between ball and
socket;
and all the ball pressure going to the ?back? side of the socket;
instead of spread over the whole socket surface.

Probably also some carpal tunnel and other nerve issues.

So for the last month or two, almost anything I do with the left hand,
results in discomfort at best, and potentially sharp surprise pains, at
various places,
from lower forearm to anywhere in the wrist and back of hand.

Corrective surgery seems way to radical for my taste.
Talk of cutting the bone.
Taking a piece from the hip bone to form a wedge.
Inserting the wedge to correct the deformed angle.
And plates to hold it all together.

Shit just catches up with you.

Thanks for asking Douglas.

fond regards,