Subject: [Leica] How did 50mm become the "normal" lens for 35mm cameras?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 15:13:17 -0400

The normal camera lens now if you want to define normal as "most used by the
most photogs most often for most stuff" is the wide angle zoom. Which has
come to be the 18 to 35 zoom. This for photojournalists as well as
commercial photogs and probably fine art dudes too. It started out being a
20 to 35. But time flew.
I had a 12-24 for my cropped Nikons which translates to that.
Not sure if I'm going to get a 20mm 1.8 to go with my new 35 1.8 and 50 1.8
and do some quick back and forth running or go with the zoom.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] How did 50mm become the "normal" lens for 35mm cameras?)