Subject: [Leica] My modest infra-red attempts (M8, B+W 092, Noctilux)
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 13:08:45 -0400

When the giants of the LUG talk, I listen!

A couple of weeks back there was a buzz of interest about IR photography
and the M8.  Well, gee, I still have one of those in my closet, and the
last time I dabbled with IR it was SFX200 in my Rolleiflex 15 years ago,
so I went out and ordered a B+W 092 filter to give it a whirl.

I'll bet you any reasonable person would say, "well you've got a 35 asph
lux, why not set it at f8 and bring back some keepers?"  Of course,
thinking exactly that, I went back to my safe place and chose the
Noctilux at f1.0 for my inquiry.  And the voices continued: "The
Noctilux is optically inferior especially at f1.0, it's too long -- more
so on an M8, and you'll never be able to focus it.  Oh yes, and don't
even think of trying it on human beings."

My improvident impulses prevailed, the results of which I've put on the
gallery:

 From this weekend, in upstate NY with friends:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/InfraOktoberFest2016/