Subject: [Leica] Giant River Otters
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 19:04:44 +0530

These gregarious and constantly moving and chattering creatures were my
favourite subjects of the Pantanal trip. My regret is that in the mad rush
to unearth jaguars, I did not spend nearly as enough time photographing
their antics as I would have liked to. These are the longest members of the
weasel family in the world, and can reach 5.5 feet in length. It is
considered an endangered species, being hunted indiscriminately for its
pelt till quite recently.

The first set of shots of the family was taken early in the morning, in
shadow and fairly miserable light, the rest were taken in better conditions
altogether. I never did make it back up the Piquini to try and find the
family group in better light, something I realize now that I should have
done!

Pose:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6682b.jpg.html

Scratch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6673.jpg.html

Interaction 1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6628.jpg.html

Interaction 2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6782b.jpg.html

Play:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6793.jpg.html

Family:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160815-6867.jpg.html

Swim:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160816-8251.jpg.html

Meal:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160816-8408b.jpg.html

Brunch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160817-10723.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Giant River Otters)
Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson) ([Leica] Giant River Otters)