Subject: [Leica] IMGS: IR Attempts
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:50:31 -0500

Looks like you're pretty close.  I think the key to IR is autofocus, not
an option here.  You might try a few shots at different focus settings
to see what works with the M8/21.  I know my Fuji X 14mm is OOF when it
is at his hard stop infinity setting, with a 720nm filter, but autofocus
if fine.  Also in LR I like to pump up the whites and decrease the
blacks some.  It is great that you can make IR images at those settings,
freeing you from the tripod.  I take it that the 21 does not have an
"infrared" focus mark?

Replies: Reply from hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr) ([Leica] IMGS: IR Attempts)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGS: IR Attempts)