Subject: [Leica] Black-collared Hawk
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 05:09:17 +0530

Today's Pantanal Photo Post is a bit of action. Getting these shots eluded
me, through a couple of attempts - normally I would photograph a bit of
wing or just the talons, till literally the last time I could have got them
- maybe desperation helped. Otherwise I found the Black-collared Hawk just
too fast, agile and maneuverable for my aging reflexes to keep up with it
through a viewfinder on a bobbing boat - till I found this one coming
towards me, one that cooperated by patiently staying centered in my
viewfinder! I had just switched the lens to the 70-200mm from a longer lens
to give some margin for error, and so that, too, helped. I have posted four
shots from the series I took, and I think the perfect shot is the third
one, what do you all think?

Approach:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160813-3933.jpg.html

Catch:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160813-3934.jpg.html

Turn:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/Pantanal-20160813-3936.jpg.html

Homeward Bound:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Brazil/Pantanal/untitled-20160813-3937.jpg.html

Please see LARGE.

Comments and criticism, as ever, encouraged, and welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Black-collared Hawk)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Black-collared Hawk)