Subject: [Leica] Leicas and Cateracts
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:13:02 -0700

Hello Rei,
Well I'm basically a one eyed photog. Been that way all my life. Oh the
other one, "the right" has a bit of visual awareness. :-)
Hey look at my website and being a semi-one-eyed shooter? It hasn't held me
back. :-)
WEBSITE:   TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM
Then while having an eye check a few years ago my eye doc said? He is about
to comment on my one good eye that has taken me on assignments all over the
world from wars, death, destruction, to babies arriving and surviving.
He says: "Ted you have developed a cataract in your left "good eye" and
we'll have to take it out!" Me?
Well I'm the epitome of the "KISS" people!
"KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!"
I respond with???
"Oh OK when do you want to do it?" "NO OTHER QUESTIONS!" Not a camera
thought? NADA! I didn't need to read up on the different types of
operations! WHY?
Well hell man do you or would you understand the medical eye operation
terminology? What you don't need to know, nor would understand? Means
nothing!
THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH????
The good Doc doing the operation? Is he a "COOL GUY AND KNOWS HIS STUFF?"
Then get on the table and in a short time everything is done and over and
you'll be blown away with the beauty of the world before you!
So a couple of weeks later? Yep he took the cataract out and I was so amazed
how fantastic and vibrant colour looked? The TV screen blew me away how
fantastic the images looked.
And now I'm at the sweet age of 87 and I put my M8 to that good eye, the
image is sharp, brilliant and I can focus it as fast as someone using an
auto-focus camera!
Hey man I've only been " ON AN OPERATING TABLE A FEW TIMES! YET DUE TO
PHOTOGRAPHY AND THE PRODUCTION OF MY THREE PUBLISHED MEDICAL BOOKS.
I have over 40 years experience real time in the OR from babies born to
unfortunates passing on.
So when I tell you to just lie back and do what the good Doc tells you and
you'll come out better than ever. Stop asking questions!
SO RELAX AND GET ON WITH IT! :-)
cheers,
Dr. Ted Grant O.C.

---