Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday flowers; and iPhone camera part two
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:34:42 -0500

Thanks Jayanand.

There's ever mounting evidence that the "masters" all used various forms of
the camera obscura. And once "photographic technologies" became relatively
common place. Many of the artists of the day embraced it as a drawing tool;
and some even made quite artistic photographs; Man Ray probably the most
well known. Though Degas also has gained recognition
<https://books.google.com/books?id=rZkw_1SRbEUC&printsec=frontcover&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false>

Now? if you differentiate between "illustrators" and "well known artists"
you'd probably find many who felt threatened, and rightfully so, by
photographers; most especially the "portrait illustrators" and "magazine
illustrators" and "advertising illustrators."

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: Friday flowers; and iPhone camera part two)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Friday flowers; and iPhone camera part two)