Subject: [Leica] Words and Images that got me banned on LFPF
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:54:51 -0500

> On Aug 25, 2016, at 4:43 PM, RicCarter <ric at cartersxrd.net> wrote:
>
> i thought it telling that ?moderator? assigns transexuals and speaking of
> them to the same group as Nazi, KKK, and ISIS
>
> a peculiar twit for sure
>
> ric
>

>> On Aug 25, 2016, at 4:29 PM, Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, I am now banned, where a long time user who sent a PM to another user
>> calling him a "fag" and is still active and a moderator made the following
>> comment and neither he nor other moderators apologize for it:
>> http://richardmanphoto.com/web/ralph_barker.JPG
>>
>> So what is so dangerous? Words, words and stories from people like Eli.
>> BTW, Eli is local to my community.
>>
>> Eli will be entering college in a few days. Even when he was growing up,
>> he
>> had always been uncomfortable about not being able to do "boy sports" and
>> other "boy things". He was enrolled at a local all-girl Middle/High School
>> in 6th grade, but finally understood at 13 that he was actually a boy. It
>> was a difficult realization - not because of other people's reactions, but
>> because of the internal processing of the things he knew he would have to
>> face. Fortunately, both his parents, his friends, and the school were very
>> supportive of his decision. The "coming out" process took a while, but he
>> has been feeling much happier now that he can finally be who he is.
>>
>> http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20160813-Scanned-1673.jpg
>>
>> ***
>> If Eli has the courage to be part of the project, then I need to step up
>> and stand up to censorship.

+1

That ?group? would probably ?ban? Walker Evans for his ?political? work.

Anyone who says, ?photography isn?t political?
hasn?t thought much about the history of photography.
And I would welcome being banned from such a ?group?
as a badge of honor.

If their only interest is ?big film?
that?s about as boring as can be
and I?ve shot and processed every format up to 12x20.

You can proudly walk away from that stale crowd.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog