Subject: [Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:09:18 -0700

There were some vote of confidence that my wife and I should again do the
LUG book, for 2016.

I know there were some complaints about our sequencing of the images. This
part I would like to keep, unless there are too many objections.

The big problem is that the cost of the book is too high. One possibility
is that we go with softcover only and have a commercial printer handling
printing in US and we will ship them out ourselves via Media Mail, which
quite inexpensive. The commercial printer also gives a bit better pricing
than Blurb. We have a couple web sites that take credit card or paypal so
it's not an issue. People can also send checks.

For non-US, we can still use Blurb. We should be able to find a size and
soft cover option so that the one from the commercial printer and Blurb
will look similar.

PDF can be handled directly by us. Cutting down on cost and order problem
as well.

Nominally the book's profit goes to a non-profit. Perhaps we should change
that and request an "entry fee" of $3-$5 where the entire fee goes to the
non-profit.

I am still NOT kin on limiting the gears or themes.

Thoughts?
--
"Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)
Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)
Reply from jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Ideas on LUG Book 2016)