Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Rose of Sharon Bushes
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 12:55:10 -0500

The Buddleia didn't have much action today, so I moved to the other side
of the house where my late wife's Althea, or Rose of Sharon, bushes
predominate.  Real, honest-to-goodness Bumble Bees have been scarce for
the last few years.  I found one totally involved with a white bloom,
but, as it departed, it flew directly in my face, letting me know it was
his/her territory.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Bumble+Bee.TIFF.html

A couple of smaller butterflies were also working the area.  Here is a
Silver-Sided Skipper on a lavender bloom.  (The blooms vary from pure
white to deep rose).

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Silver-Sided+Skipper_002.TIFF.html

Best viewed  LARGE.

--