Subject: [Leica] IMG: B J Fadem
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:44:25 -0700

BJ Fadem
B was born intersex. In those days, the usual recommendation was that it is
easier to remove bits, and ?if you raise someone as a girl, they will be a
girl? and so B was raised as a girl.  Even though B had the body of a
football player, and indeed played at the high school?s football games
somewhat clandestinely, he did not know that he was intersex until he was
19. It was then almost 20 years afterward that B finally transitioned when
his body was becoming non-functioning, as his body was not producing enough
testosterone and was not producing any estrogen.

B has a successful law practice and spends about 20% of his time doing pro
bono work on children?s cases. He has many toys in the office and the rule
is that they can play with the toys if they can reach them.

Part of my "Hearts on Our Sleeves - portraits and stories of transgender
people" project

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20160717-Scanned-1623.jpg

--
// On Facebook: http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto