Subject: [Leica] Spot-billed or Grey Pelican
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:39:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Like the third one best.

Montie

>>Some Spot-billed Pelican studies from the Adyar Poonga, a protected
wetlands area behind my house. The light was soft, muted and very clear
after morning rains and the consequent overcast sky. All the frames are as
shot with no cropping at all, as the couple were swimming quite close to a
pedestrian walkway across a narrow stretch, the only place to photograph
from, as visitors are not allowed inside under directions from our Supreme
Court They did not get very active, though, so I could not put the tracking
abilities of the D500 to the test.

Nikon D500 with 300mm f4 and TC 1.4x, giving an effective 630mm f5.6 lens,
which is lightweight and very easy to hand hold, and can be used wide open
with no loss of image quality.

The first three are in colour, and last in monochrome:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/WIndia/Vedbirds/Poonga-20160625-1029.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/WIndia/Vedbirds/Poonga-20160625-716.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/WIndia/Vedbirds/Poonga-20160625-371.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/WIndia/Vedbirds/Poonga-20160625-390.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome!

Cheers

Jayanand

Replies: Reply from geneduprey2015 at gmail.com (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] Spot-billed or Grey Pelican)